Pretty Pony Ranch
About Maverick | Stallions | Sale Barn | Mav's Offspring | Gallery | Ranch News | Links | Contact

Pretty Pony Ranch News

Just the daily life on a real ranch in Oklahoma. Not easy, not for everyone but that is where you really find out what you are made of.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Where the Wind Is, Oklahoma, United States

Cheerful, dedicated, positive, talented, gracious, polite, athletic, worldly, hardworking, fun loving, attractive, kind, generous, and more to follow!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It Must Be Summer!

With the smell of fresh cut hay in the air, not to mention the scary tornadoes and major thunder storms, summer must be just around the corner. Yes, it has been a bit unsettling lately in Oklahoma. My heart just aches for the people in OKC that have lost everything, their homes, pets, livestock and families displaced because of the tornadoes. I have been fortunate where I live. All we got was the winds, and strong ones at that. I found two big pine trees down in the backyard, one even landed in the swimming pool. But with the exception of a few shingles missing, and lots and lots of rain, I survived. I was nervous, I can not lie but I survived. It has been a slow road getting things done around the ranch. I keep saying that I wish I could just wave my magic wand and have everything fixed, painted and repaired all at one time. Of course, this sure isn't going to happen anytime soon so I just keep plugging along. Little by little, slowly but surely, things are getting done. I have to say, quite proudly I might add, that I am delighted when friends come to visit and tell me how great the ranch looks. I am to the point now where I am inviting people to come and see the place so I can show them around. It has been getting busier and now we are into the hay season. The rains have helped, the pastures are belly high, the ponds are full. It must be summer..



Pretty Pony Ranch, LLC © 2007-2008
Home of Standing BH Hancocks Star
Mav's Story | Pedigree | Buckskin Color Chart | Gallery | For Sale | Links | Contact | Home
Site Designed and Hosted by Eclectic-Horseman.com