Pretty Pony Ranch
About Maverick | Stallions | Sale Barn | Mav's Offspring | Gallery | Ranch News | Links | Contact

Pretty Pony Ranch News

Just the daily life on a real ranch in Oklahoma. Not easy, not for everyone but that is where you really find out what you are made of.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Where the Wind Is, Oklahoma, United States

Cheerful, dedicated, positive, talented, gracious, polite, athletic, worldly, hardworking, fun loving, attractive, kind, generous, and more to follow!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finally!!

What a challenge it has been trying to recover all my files, documents and photos from a crashed computer! I strongly believe in an external hard drive now. Some days I really long for the times when cell phones and computer didn't run our lives. Now we can't live without them.

The EHV-1 virus has every horse owner in Colorado nervous! CSU Vet School has put a couple of horses down and recommended staying home if you didn't really HAVE to haul your horses anywhere. There were lots of rumors flying around, you really can't even imagine the panic. I choose to sit tight for a few weeks, even if it meant not bringing a mare and foal back from Arkansas, and leaving Huey at the trainer for a couple more weeks. I wasn't worried about my horses bringing anything into my herd. I was more worried about where other people's horses had been. Better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully, the virus will be contained and we can get back to going where ever we were going. I did save some fuel money so its not a total loss.

Spring and soon summer has finally come to Colorado. I have a couple of mares due this month that I am looking forward to seeing their babies by Mack. He is turning into a wonderful horse, but like most of mine right now, he needs more wet saddle blankets! That's my fault but I have been busy keep up with life.

Goose is doing great, too. He will be my mounted shooting horse this year. I have gone to a couple of practice shoots and he is such a good arena horse. Standing next to the trailer is a different story. He doesn't stand still, ever.. But as soon as you saddle him up, he turns into Mr. Business Man, totally professional and totally a gentleman. I am really glad I changed my mine about selling him..

I really need to get some photos of my young stallion prospects. Boy are they looking good! I have two Maverick 3 year olds and a Smug Rawhide 2 year old that are going to be very nice.

There could be some surprises in store this summer. I'll keep you posted.



Pretty Pony Ranch, LLC © 2007-2008
Home of Standing BH Hancocks Star
Mav's Story | Pedigree | Buckskin Color Chart | Gallery | For Sale | Links | Contact | Home
Site Designed and Hosted by Eclectic-Horseman.com