Pretty Pony Ranch
About Maverick | Stallions | Sale Barn | Mav's Offspring | Gallery | Ranch News | Links | Contact

Pretty Pony Ranch News

Just the daily life on a real ranch in Oklahoma. Not easy, not for everyone but that is where you really find out what you are made of.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Where the Wind Is, Oklahoma, United States

Cheerful, dedicated, positive, talented, gracious, polite, athletic, worldly, hardworking, fun loving, attractive, kind, generous, and more to follow!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Start

New starts can be stressful, but sometimes are necessary. The unknown is scary. New beginnings make us focus on what is really important in our lives. Time has come for a new start.

Last year was a bad one for me and for many others, too. The horse industry and horse sales suffered. Not wanting to dwell on it but it was just not a very good year. It did, however, give me the chance to reflect on the direction I wanted to go in with my breeding program.

Personally, there have been changes and challenges as well but those things only make us stronger. I hope to be moving to a ranch soon, most of the mares and young stock are there already. I can't tell you how happy I will be when I can open my back door, walk out and see all my horses. It will be a very special moment for me. Yes, there will be hard work. Yes, there will be other challenges but in the long run, it will all be worth the effort.

After much consideration and careful thought, I decided I had to get back to what originally brought me on this journey. That was Maverick and his breeding. I loved him and all that he was. Funny how life will sidetrack you. Maybe I was just blind and didn't read the signs. I now have two stud colts by Maverick that are turning 3 yrs old this year that I have great hopes for. I haven't taken many photos of them yet but when I do post them, you will just be amazed when you see how much like Maverick they are.

With three nice blue roan stallions or stallion prospects upcoming, I had to make some tough decisions. Keeping some means selling others. I almost just flipped a coin. It wasn't easy trying to figure out which one(s) to sell or keep, but I decided to sell two younger ones and hold onto Goose.

Goose has earned a spot in my heart, even though I had resisted for the longest time. It was hard for Goose to take over where Maverick left off and I didn't give him the credit that was due until recently. Goose has been a wonderful working ranch horse, rope horse, travel partner and is passing all that and more to his foals.

To all my friends who have called and checked in on me from time to time, thank you. It really meant a lot to me. If I haven't reached out to you lately, I will. More news to come. More changes coming. soon. Keep checking back.



Pretty Pony Ranch, LLC © 2007-2008
Home of Standing BH Hancocks Star
Mav's Story | Pedigree | Buckskin Color Chart | Gallery | For Sale | Links | Contact | Home
Site Designed and Hosted by Eclectic-Horseman.com