Pretty Pony Ranch
About Maverick | Stallions | Sale Barn | Mav's Offspring | Gallery | Ranch News | Links | Contact

Pretty Pony Ranch News

Just the daily life on a real ranch in Oklahoma. Not easy, not for everyone but that is where you really find out what you are made of.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Where the Wind Is, Oklahoma, United States

Cheerful, dedicated, positive, talented, gracious, polite, athletic, worldly, hardworking, fun loving, attractive, kind, generous, and more to follow!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting Ready for Fall

Where has summer gone? Did I fall asleep for 3 months and winter is here already? Last week the buckets were frozen and all my plants died.

Since I posted last, I showed Hank at the NVRHA Finals. I really had no big expectations as I really hadn't worked Hank much and guess what, it showed. I tend to use horse shows more as a barometer to figure out what I need to work on for the bigger shows. Not that the NVRHA Finals aren't a big deal. I just would rather Hank do well at the Stockhorse Challenge in Winnemucca or at the WRCA Ranch Horse Championship in Amarillo. So when I showed Hank, he snorted at this and even spooked and refused to walk over ---a bridge---which is completely ridiculous since he has never balked at that before. Anyway, it was fun and now its back to work to get ready for Amarillo.

My wonder horse Rio went to a college rodeo and is now officially back to work! It was important for him to travel alone, without his security guard, Hank. Rio had to sleep outside in the cattle pens, gates banging, hearing the pa system, moving bulls. He did great and I had actually forgotten what a good horse he was. I was so glad to be riding him. We are in unchartered territory. I don't know how much I'll be able to do with him but as long as he is happy and sound, I'll be happy.



Pretty Pony Ranch, LLC © 2007-2008
Home of Standing BH Hancocks Star
Mav's Story | Pedigree | Buckskin Color Chart | Gallery | For Sale | Links | Contact | Home
Site Designed and Hosted by Eclectic-Horseman.com