Pretty Pony Ranch
About Maverick | Stallions | Sale Barn | Mav's Offspring | Gallery | Ranch News | Links | Contact

Pretty Pony Ranch News

Just the daily life on a real ranch in Oklahoma. Not easy, not for everyone but that is where you really find out what you are made of.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Where the Wind Is, Oklahoma, United States

Cheerful, dedicated, positive, talented, gracious, polite, athletic, worldly, hardworking, fun loving, attractive, kind, generous, and more to follow!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Earth Day Soapbox

It is Earth Day today and besides working in my garden, I felt the need to do something that's going to make a difference. But what exactly? I already recycle as much as I can at home. All my horse by-products go right onto my flowerbeds!

What seems to bother me the most is the fuel prices at the pumps. I have a big rig that gets amazingly good mileage but it still hurts to fuel up. I still need to pick up horses, get hay and try go to some shows this year. Then it came to me last night while watching tv. One news/talk show host said that if each one of us would adjust our driving habits and reduce gas consumption by just 10%, we the people, could force the oil companies to lower pump prices.

I have decided to drive 55 mph instead of 75. I am going to have a sign made that says "I DRIVE 55 not 75 to SAVE FUEL & $$" and put that on my truck when I'm going down the highway. This idea is not a new one. In fact, in the 70's when there was a certain peanut farmer in the White House and long gas lines nationwide, the national speed limit was lowered to 55 mph. It might be time to lower it again.

As Meryl Streep said in the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" - that's all.



Pretty Pony Ranch, LLC © 2007-2008
Home of Standing BH Hancocks Star
Mav's Story | Pedigree | Buckskin Color Chart | Gallery | For Sale | Links | Contact | Home
Site Designed and Hosted by Eclectic-Horseman.com