Pretty Pony Ranch
About Maverick | Stallions | Sale Barn | Mav's Offspring | Gallery | Ranch News | Links | Contact

Pretty Pony Ranch News

Just the daily life on a real ranch in Oklahoma. Not easy, not for everyone but that is where you really find out what you are made of.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Where the Wind Is, Oklahoma, United States

Cheerful, dedicated, positive, talented, gracious, polite, athletic, worldly, hardworking, fun loving, attractive, kind, generous, and more to follow!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My First Foal of the Year

This day has been one that I have been waiting for with so many mixed emotions. While anxiously awaiting the first Maverick foal of the year that brings such a smile to my face, I just knew I would have tears. Tears of joy and happiness, and tears of sadness.

I knew that the 18 yr old mare VooDoo has just huge big boned foals. Last year's bay roan filly by Maverick had to be pulled out. I decided to let Kathy at Key Stallion Station foal her out again. I was there just yesterday, brushing Voo, braiding her tail up and feeling bad that her legs were so swollen. She was looking very uncomfortable, but still she is so sweet, resting her head in my arms with her eyes closed. Voo looked ready to foal any second. I called first thing this morning, thinking that surely Voo would have foaled overnight when the cold front came through. But she wasn't ready yet. By late afternoon, when I got a call from Kathy that Voo had foaled this afternoon, I was so excited but not surprised. Kathy told me she needed help pulling this foal out because the foal was so big. I was so grateful that Voo was there, in the big foaling stall with all the help close by to assist her.

VooDoo had an enormous dun stud colt, the spitting image of his daddy. A dun colt just like Maverick, with his great heart, kind soul, and ability to draw in all those who lay eyes on him. A clone of Maverick that I can pin all my hopes and dreams on for the future of my breeding program.

Today brought a wonderful gift.



Pretty Pony Ranch, LLC © 2007-2008
Home of Standing BH Hancocks Star
Mav's Story | Pedigree | Buckskin Color Chart | Gallery | For Sale | Links | Contact | Home
Site Designed and Hosted by Eclectic-Horseman.com